Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Fun - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!


Hi and Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  I have nothing from my home to share with you  this week and I almost just posted an old photo from the past but then I remembered I had these photos on my iPhone from last weekend!  

See...there is a reason why I don't have much to share this summer...I've been out having fun!  Last weekend my friends and I did an over-night trip to the beach for our friend Gina's birthday.  Santa Cruz is only about 30 minutes away but it's always fun to stay over-night! 

The Santa Cruz Boardwalk has free concerts on Friday nights in the summer and last Friday we went to see Eddie Money. It was so packed that we stood around and watched for awhile but then ended up just riding the amusement park rides instead.
 
 The photo below is from the drive down there. We road got shutdown because a tree had fallen across it.  We had to sit in the car with the engine off for quite awhile before they cleared the road!  Time to snap photos, clean out the glove boxes, laugh about stupid things we did in the past...I was laughing so hard I was crying! Although we were ready to get to the beach we sure made the most of being stuck in traffic!
Stuck in Traffic Selfie!

I have to get cotton candy every time I go to the Boardwalk.  They are lucky I actually shared it with them! lol

I feel so fortunate to have such amazing girlfriends!  When we are together it's all about having fun!  We'll be back to Santa Cruz for three days next week too! I  can't wait!
[signature.gif]

18 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Looks like you have a great group of friends. Happy to hear you are having a fun summer!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting! Hope you have an awesome weekend:)

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun ( I can't remember when I last had cotton candy but I need to have some - like now !!! )
Thanks so much for hosting
Hugs from Montreal
Suzan

lookslikewhite said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Thanks for hosting Cindy!!

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun get away. Thanks for hosting.

Unknown said...

You girls look superb! Hope you have more fun next time. :D

Thanks for hosting the lovely party.

DD's Cottage said...

Hi Cindy--I live in Santa Cruz! The Boardwalk is so much fun! The Flea Market in Santa Cruz is pretty good and I go every week, come with me sometime!

Poppy said...

There's nothing like great times with girlfriends! Enjoy! Thanks for hosting!

Poppy

Unknown said...

Glad you are taking the time to have some fun Cindy! Thanks for hosting us, always a fun party!

Victorian1885 said...

Enjoy the rest of the Summer... nothing better than great girlfriends...

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Cindy,
So happy you are enjoying summer. The girlfriend trips are always the best. Looks like you had lots of fun. Thanks for the party.
Kris

Curtains in My Tree said...

nothing better than all the girls getting together for a weekend of fun, I have one planned just around the corner,however nothing can beat my New York girls week

are you working on any painted furniture project?

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a really great trip. Thanks for the lovely party. Have a great weekend.

Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

This N That said...

Sounds like you had as much fun in the car as you did at the beach. You're very lucky to have those kinds of friends.

carol jane said...

Looks like a fun time. I think I need to get blonde highlights. Ha!

LW said...

Cindy, I always enjoy seeing photos of you having fun with your friends. I wish I could hang out with you. You all look great! So many places in Cali I need to visit. Have a great time on your next trip!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful, what a trip this would be. Your photos are amazing.
Modern Home Interior Design

Jen Beaudet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.