Thursday, October 31, 2013

Making Halloween Elegant - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  I finally got some Halloween decor up on Monday after work!  Better late than never!  I used things I've collected over the last few years and set it up all on the dresser I have under my staircase.


My dad made the wooden black cats for me years ago and my mom gave me the old Victorian boots that look like witch boots to me!  She also gave me the silver candelabra. I usually like my silver polished but I decided to keep it tarnished for this vignette. 



The white pumpkins  and the cage with the hanging bat I bought at Marshalls last year.  I found the picture of the jack-o-lantern witch on the Internet and put it in the frame.


I added some vintage jewelry to give it some sparkle.




I only wish I would have got this all done a little earlier to enjoy it a little longer!  

*******

I want to take this time to say thank you to all of you that clicked on the link for TwoSmiles!  I won the Grand Prize thanks to you!!!  I'll get a new computer and printer soon!  I won by a landslide!  I almost feel guilty since I have a blog and used it to get votes but the most important thing is that I helped my company (HP) get the word out about this great site where you can buy gift cards online! Honestly, I work there and didn't even know about this until I heard about this contest.  This holiday season (or anytime) please remember that you don't need to go to the store to buy gift cards and personalized greeting cards! You can do it from your computer!  It's such a great idea!  Please visit TwoSmiles when you need to give a gift card and a greeting card in the future!  It makes it so easy!  Thanks again for all of you that helped me out!  


*******


Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 

 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.


[signature.gif]

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg! I'm totally in love with the cage and those sequined pumpkins! Gorgeous! Thanks for hosting the party. xo

Unknown said...

Darling Halloween display! :)
Congratulations on winning. That's pretty awesome!

~Liz

Unknown said...

Love it :) Hope your Halloween is Awesome! Thanks for hosting :)

Unknown said...

So happy you won the computer and printer! Congratulations! Thanks so much for hosting!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Congrats! Wonderful that you won, Cindy :) Thanks for the party and have a Happy Halloween! Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Congratulations on the new computer! That's pretty wonderful! Plus, it's amazing that they let you enter, as most giveaways prohibit employees to enter.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congratulations on winning!!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the win! You shouldn't feel guilty. That's what getting the word out is all about. Others could have use social media too. '-)
Happy Halloween, Cindy!

curiositaellya said...

Thank you for hosting Cindy. Happy Halloween!

Ellya

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Thank you so much for hosting.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Loved your elegant halloween vignettes. Congratulations on being the winner of the computer and printer. Have a great week.
Joy

Unknown said...

Your Halloween decor is indeed elegant Cindy. Thanks for a great party.
Blessings,
Patti

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Love your halloween decor!! Thanks for the party!

Karen said...

Congratulations Cindy, I'm so happy you won! Love your Halloween decor.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning! Love your elegant Halloween decorations. Thanks for hosting - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Unknown said...

Those are the prettiest and most elegant Halloween decorations I've ever seen! Love them!

Cottage and Broome said...

I love the white halloween all the orange does not work at my house either. Thanks for hosting, Laura

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy, This is the first time I've posted. Thanks so much for hosting, this is a bedroom set my daughter refurbished.
I LOVE the White sparkly pumpkins.
I've been a follower for awhile, you have a beautiful blog.
Faye @ theshabbycottagehome.blogspot.com

Noelle said...

Your Halloween display is charming, but I think we're all super excited over your new computer and printer! It's great to celebrate with someone who's a hard worker and finds time to brighten the days of others. Thank you for all you give to us, your readers. Hope it arrives soon! Happy Fall to you. Noelle Steele

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful and elegant White Halloween vignette! Love the cgae specially...lovely! Thank you for hosting. Have a fun weekend.
FABBY

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Congrats on your win!! How exciting!! Have a grand weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Gayla said...

I always enjoy your elegant vignettes... This one, with its jeweled pumpkin, is ultra special!

Unknown said...

Love your pretty Halloween decorations! Thank You for hosting.
Heather

Home Chic Club said...

Your Halloween decor is so lovely Cindy. Thanks for a great party.
Hugs,
Vesna

Unknown said...

Leave it you to make Halloween Gorgeous!

Christelle said...

It is really a beautiful atmosphere here, filled with charm!

Unknown said...

Very informative information. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!
Home Decorating Blog